Monday, January 23, 2012

new years resolution status

At the start of the new year, I made a couple of resolutions.  1 of them was to go on a diet change my eating habits.  I feel like a diet is something that you do for a short period of time to get a quick result,  only to pack the pounds back on.

I am counting calories, I am learning about food.  What makes me full, what makes me sluggish, what makes me fell energized. 

I have decided I am not going to forbid myself of any foods but instead limit myself.  For instance I use to drink soda daily, now I may have 1 glass a week.
 
I have been doing this since January 1st and have lost 11 pounds!  :)  Slowly but surely I will get rid of the weight.  I am not looking for a quick solution... after all a new years resolution is something that you want to accomplish within the year.  According to my calendar I still have a little over 340 days to accomplish my goal weight.  

I am also hoping to start working out.  I wanted to start working out and eating healthy together, but being a mother of 2 young ones does make that difficult.... and I like crafting more then working out!  LOL  I have to work on time management!  
 

I found this while pinning on pinterest this week and I LOVE IT!


Did you make a New Years resolution? 
Are you still sticking to it?
 Do you have any tips to stay motivated?

1 comment: